Hi linux people !!

>Dear Geof!

>>If I remember correctly, the HP NetRaid is an OEM version of the AMI
>>MegaRAID controller

>Yes, that's true.

>>I don't know whether any other distributions support MegaRAID installs

>Yup, I have a SuSE 6.0 which comes with the AMI drivers and kernel 2.0.36
>which all installs and runs perfectly, the only thing I do not
>have is 'real world -> real user workload' experience with such a setup
>outside my lab where the LH3 still stands - so I asked.

>Plans are to put it on the net within the next 3 weeks, I'll report
>my experiences with the hardware RAID thing - if anything worth mentioning.

>Thanks for your comments!
>Yours,
>Hans

I have an HP Netraid with Debian Linux 2.0 and two different kernels, 2.0.36
(with patch) and 2.2.1 (patch not necessary).

The system has 128 MB RAM, SCSI CDROM and DAT and a twin Pentium II, internal
4 GB disk and three 4 GB disks in RAID 5 for a total 8 GB available space.

These are the problems I have observed:

KERNEL 2.0.36
-------------

None at the moment

KERNEL 2.2.1
------------

1.- The system hangs on shutdown.

The system boots, but it hangs on start up tests.

In my computer, I solved it by adding "reboot=bios" in lilo.conf.
According to messages in different linux lists, it only works for some
users. It could be an SMP bug.

2.- The system hangs in the RAID backup process

If I try to backup the virtual 8 GB disk, be it with tar, dd, dump or
others, the system hangs with a timeout error from the MEGARAID SCSI
controller

Ahi queda eso ):-D

Regards

CarloX  [EMAIL PROTECTED]