I have tried running a test using dd if=/dev/zero .......

What does a message on the console
ll_rw_block: device 08:01: only 1024-char blocks implemented (3072)
mean?

This happens sometimes and the resulting files do not compare.

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Brian Leeper wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, CN Liu wrote:
>
> > too) ran on several IWill P55XUB mainboards without any problem.
> > However, Slackware 3.5 (kernel 2.0.34) boot disks can not even boot on
>
> FYI, every single IWIll motherboard I've run into has required a BIOS
> update in order to even boot the Linux kernel. Once you do this, they'll
> run Linux decently.
>
> I prefer ASUS motherboards, myself.

Yep, ASUS is really stable
But.... the bios upgrade should be a standard part of bring up every
system no matter whose it is. If you check the ASUS site you will see
that they also have bios upgrades available for all their boards. It's
pretty easy to do and should be SOP for a production system.