People keep talking about the "Build in degraded mode" option.... I
understand it's a patch against the 0.90 release (not in the standard
patch).....

If this somthing that's likley to change any time soon?  If we're talking
about a 2.2 merge is this somthing that still might make it in or not?

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 20 Apr 1999 22:32:15 -0700 (PDT), Michael
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> > Not entirely true. Leave the original data where it is. Build a degraded
> > raid array on the new disk(s) and copy the data over from the old disk.
> > Reconfigure to use the new degraded raid array, then hot add the old disk
> > to the array.
>
> Won't work: the original question was explicitly about raid0/linear, not
> redundant raid.
>
> --Stephen

James ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
It doesn't run on an open source platform,
therefore it, by definition, does not matter.