On Sun, 9 May 1999, Charles Barrasso wrote:

> I recently upgraded one of my computers to RedHat 6.0 (which includes raid
> .90).  Before the upgrade I had 2 4.1GB SCSI Hdd's combined into a linear RAID
> array (created with raidtools-0.50beta10-2) .. after the upgrade I went to
> re-instate this array and put the following into my /etc/raidtab:
>
> raiddev /dev/md0
> raid-level      linear
> nr-raid-disks   2
> device          /dev/sdb1
> raid-disk       0
> device          /dev/sdc1
> raid-disk       1
>

> but.. when I run raidstart -a I get:
>
> [root@news /root]# /sbin/raidstart -a
> /dev/md0: Invalid argument

this is the correct raidtab entry for your config:

raiddev /dev/md0
    raid-level              linear
    nr-raid-disks           2
    persistent-superblock   0
    chunk-size              8
    device                  /dev/sdb1
    raid-disk               0
    device                  /dev/sdc1
    raid-disk               1

to get your array running simply do:

   raid0run /dev/md0

and thats all. Note that to get 'raid0run' you'll have to get and install
the latest raidtools. (RedHat 6.0 includes the latest code but raid0run
was added shortly after RH 6.0 was released, raid0run will show up in an
errata)

let me know if it still doesnt work,

-- mingo