From: Ingo Molnar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 1999 5:05 AM
To: Robert McPeak
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: RAID0 and RedHat 6.0

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Robert McPeak wrote:

> Here are the relevant messages from dmesg:

> hdd1's event counter: 0000000c
> hdb1's event counter: 0000000c
> request_module[md-personality-2]: Root fs not mounted
> do_md_run() returned -22

hm, this is the problem, it tries to load the RAID personality module but
cannot find it, because the root fs is not yet mounted. But
'md-personality-2' is strange as well, it should be 'md-personality-0' for
RAID0, there is no personality-2 ...

when you run it manually:

> raid0 personality registered

then it correctly registers raid0. You'll definitely get rid of these
problems if you compile RAID into the kernel (this is only a workaround),
but these things supposed to work. I'm not sure yet whats going on.

-- mingo