Yes, www.geocrawler.com
> It was something with the order on how to
> setup/fdisk the partitions before mkraid.

Well, after quite a while I found this thing at www.geocrawler.com. But
finally I had to "give up" the Data I had on the old md1.The resizing
basically worked fine (although I didn't do it completely as Piete
suggested), In
case somebody is interested...:
1. unmount /dev/md1
2. raidstop /dev/md1
3. Resize Partition (I used Partition Magic anyway...)
4. Boot, put down the location of the smaller new partition
5. Run fdisk and delete all partitions except those that you didn't touch
(in my case sdx1/2, sdx2 is running md0 with everything on.)
6. Reboot, create Partitions exactly like in 4., mark them as 83.
7. Reboot, mkraid -f /dev/mdx (why doesn't it work, if I don't use the -f
flag the first time when running mkraid? This was the trick I was looking
for in the archives. If mkraid aborts without the -f flag, I have to start
all
over at 5.).
8. Mark Partitions as fd

At this point I had to deal with some (for me) interesting thing: After I
had created md1 everything seemed nice. The old data were still on it,
despite step 5. When I rebooted after 8., md1 was not yet put back into
fstab, so
it didn't get mounted, but the array built correctly and I could mount it
manually. I put it again as /home into fstab. Now fsck complained during
reboot that SB would be out of sync.  Couldn't repair it with efs2ck. The
other
arrays (md2 and md3) went smoothly with no complaints. I had run mke2fs
/dev/md2/3 on them before, so the SB and PArtition table were rewritten.
After I
did the same thing on md1 it worked again, I used my backup of the data,
so
the server is up again :-))) So it worked, except that I couldn't keeep
the
data when resizing, had to use the backup....
Till

---
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net