Tom Livingston wrote:
> I should have mentioned that I finally solved these problems by buying
> custom length cables similar to what are required for udma-66.  These cables
> all have a ground line in between each data line... doubling the number of
> wires in the cable and canceling out some of the noise.  I have had 100%
> reliability since I switched to using these for my long cable pulls, I have
> one that is 24" and one that is 32".

That's fantastic--Did you "roll your own" or special order them from
someplace?  How much did they cost?  I was also wondering about using
ribbon with twisted pairs (like some old DEC MicroVax used to use for
internal SCSI) but I would expect it to be expensive per foot.  The
bottom line would be how much it costs with the special cables vs. just
going with SCSI.

--
"Jonathan F. Dill" ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
CARB Systems and Network Administrator