> I have read the root-raid howto v1.07 mar '98, and I have read the
> software raid howto v 0.90.2 feb '99.  Unfortunately, the root-raid
> howto seems to be very out of date - it refers to raidtools 0.42 and
> almost all the info does not seem to apply.  For example, it gives
> no mention of the autoboot capability.  The software raid howto is
> more helpful, but it covers setting up a raid, but not booting off
> of one.
Yep, I admit it's out of date. When raid is released and stable in
the 2.2x kernels I will update it. Until then I suggest you use
initrd but use a small partition (duplicated) on your drives to hold
an initrd boot/rescue system rather than ram-disk to get a
kernel loaded and a rescue file system should raid fail. The kernel
can then automount the raid device.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]