Hello!

I am attempting to build a fileserver running redhat-6.0 and raidtools
0.90 which has two 9gb scsi disks.  I would like to make the system boot
off the raid.

So, my question is:  Where can I go or what do I need to know to make root
raid level 1 work?  I have unsucessfully tried to make the initrd ramdisk
work - I grabbed the rescue.clean package from ftp.bizsystems.com. I have
made the kernel's boottime raid recognization find and mount the md0
device, but it doesn't actually work because the kernel gives a message
about no root fs being available, so it unmounts the /dev/md0 device, and
then the very next sequence of the boot is that it searches for init and
dies because it cannot mount the /dev/md0 device which it had just brought
offline.  Aughh..

I have read the root-raid howto v1.07 mar '98, and I have read the
software raid howto v 0.90.2 feb '99.  Unfortunately, the root-raid howto
seems to be very out of date - it refers to raidtools 0.42 and almost all
the info does not seem to apply.  For example, it gives no mention of the
autoboot capability.  The software raid howto is more helpful, but it
covers setting up a raid, but not booting off of one.

Any info would be appriceated!

- John Frear
[EMAIL PROTECTED]