Hi all!

I have two questions:

1.- Why are RAID-1 writes slower than writes to one of the
RAID-1 disks?. Software overhead?. Hardware problems?.

2.- Why are RAID-1 reads slightly better than reads from one
of the RAID-1 disks?. If a RAID-1 is made up of two disks,
I've got two copies of data and two request can be made in
parallel. Why isn't read performance much better?. With
RAID-0 and a single file I get nearly a two fold
performance.

BTW, when a patch for 2.2.10?.

Please, send me a copy of your answer as I'm not in the
list.

Best regards.

--
Prof. Juan Piernas Cánovas
Departamento de Ingeniería y Tecnología de Computadores