Hi ,

seems like we are doing almost the same as you do.
Did you setup a propper /etc/raidtab?
If you have an old RAID-0 Array try starting it with raid0run.
This worked with our system.
We moved all the stuff away an generated a new Array.
Raid 1 and 5 can be converted by using mkraid --upgrade, but only if
you have the right raidtab file. It ist also possible to give RAID-1
and RAID-5 Arrays persisten superblock. We did this today, works fine
(up to now :-) )

I think If you use the new 2.2.10 kernel (as we do) together with the
corresponding kernel patch and newest raid tools this should work.

Did you compile raid support into your kernel?
Look at http://ostenfeld.dk/~jakob/Software-RAID.HOWTO/
to get the new howto file.

Greeting from Germany

    Oliver

------
Oliver Schmitz, Arbeitsgebiet : Raumakustik, Netzwerkadministration
       Institut fuer Technische Akustik der RWTH Aachen
    http://www.akustik.rwth-aachen.de/Ww/deutsch/ita/personal/osc.html
    http://www.akustik.rwth-aachen.de/cgi-bin/rwth_security