Hi, im trying to setup and ide software raid, i have 4 IDE drives each
operating on there own channel (using external  hpt-366 chipset controller).

I setup raid5 with 4x5GB partitions i got it working ok, but CPU usage is
sitting at 30% when im not doing anything.
Its running on a AMD K6-2 266 128MB ram

Is it normal to have a high CPU usage like this?

Also in raid0 mode i got around 25MB/s i had read that with raid0
performance increased nearly linearly.
I teasted each drive individually with hdparm -t and the slowest drive got
14MB/s so i was hoping i would have been able to get above 40MB/s in raid0.

I have only been experimenting with raid or a week or so, im using 2.2.10
with the raid0145 patch and uniform-ide patch (for my controller)

Any assistance or advice would be apreciated,

Thanks
Glenn McGrath