"Glenn McGrath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi, i keep getting the following message when i try and do anything usefull
> on my raid0 array.
>
> hde: timeout waiting for DMA
> hde: irq timeout: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
> hde: DMA disabled
>
> I never get this problem if i only work on a "normal" non-raid partition on
> this drive.

.. snip ..

> So, is anyone else having/had problems like this, or am i totally alone ?

I am, but with a difference.  I'm using two small, slow hdb and hdc to test
raid-0.  When I have the array running and mounted, after a few hours (even if
I don't actually write or read anything to it) my HDA starts showing exactly
those symptoms.  It never does it if I reboot and don't mount the array, even
after days and days of uptime.  At first I thought it was my main drive going
bad, but then I noticed the relationship with the md driver, and after your
post I feel fairly positive: it must be something caused by software.  Very
weird.

 Kernel 2.2.12-pre5, raidtools-0.90, on-board VIA controller.

-- Danilo