Thanks for the advice, but no luck so far.
>From what i gather, its not just a linux problem, on the abit newsgroup
theres hundreds
of people havin similar problems with windows. So maybe its poor hardware
design
or something.
The strange thing for me is that i only get this error when working on my
raid partition.
I can push the other partitions runing under this controller and it works
fine,
from that i assume its NOT a hardware error OR a driver problem. Thats what
initially
led me to assume it was the raid software.
The other thing is it seems to only be a problem with large files, if i run
bonnie with a
100MB file  on my raid partition i get no error, if i run bonnie on my raid
partition with
a 150 MB file i get the error every time.

I think ill just give up now, enough other people know about it, hopefully
someone works
it out.