James Manning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > How come I've been running this for about a year and a half, then?
>
> I believe he's talking about not having to do *any* non-raid partitions
> (ie your /boot I believe, reading your lilo.conf)
> (...)
>
> Please enlighten if I missed the point in his, or your, posts.

As I said, /boot resides inside my / raid0 set.  There is no need to
have non-raid disks when booting with lilo, all you have to do is tell
lilo how to access the underlying data from your raid-set, i.e. the
translation from /dev/md0 to /dev/sda1 in my case.  And using the disk
parameter of lilo, this is a fairly straight-forward task.

So again, using lilo and very little magic, there is absolutely no
need for a separate partition for /boot.

-Harald
--
Harald Nordgård-Hansen,  <><  http://bukharin.hiof.no/~hnh/  <>< Phone/Fax:
Østfold College, School of Computer Sciences, Norway <>< +47 6910 4033/4002