I'm in the process of setting up a system for my company and need a bit
of advice.  We'd like to have a huge flat filesystem connected to a dual
processor RH 6.0 system.  I've got a dual PIII-500 system with 256mb RAM
and dual Adaptec LVD scsi controllers.  I was planning to plop the OS
on a mirrored set of 9gig drives (one on each controller) and then stripe
6 50gig barracudas (3 on each controller) as one big 300gb filesystem.
Has anyone tried this yet?  Will things like fsck still work on a
filesystem this large?

I'm able to get the 50gig disks rather cheaply (about US$1150) so this
seems like a really inexpensive way to build a huge file store without
paying a huge Network Appliance/EMC type of premium.  The system is going
to be backed up daily.  I'm more concerned with total space and
read/write performance than redundancy (which is why I'm using RAID 0
instead of 3 or 5).

Regards,

Chris

--