Let me explain... i haven't actually ran raid yet, i want it to run raid0,
but it's
not working yet. And i'm trying to get it to work from my current setup. Which
is just 2 ide hd's of which 1 has data and the 2nd was recently added... Both
are formatted with diskdruid and have linux native partitions (ext2) and
the hda
also has an 128mb swap partition.

To answer ur 2nd question. No i haven't made a separate partition since
according
to /usr/src/linux/Documentation/md.txt Booting from raid linear and raid0
is currently
supported.... (might b reading it incorrectly)

I might try that if all else fails tho, i might also be trying something
impossible... as i
said i'm a newbie and if i'm doing something that won't work, please tell
me :-)

Surge