Title: RE: Prob with RAID1 - RedHat 6.0 - Kernel 2.2.12

It won't change until Linus and the rest of the kernel team decide to add the new raid to released kernels.  I know when I first started looking into raid, I'd heard all of the autodiscover stuff for over a year, and just naturally assumed that ANY 2.2 kernel would already have all of that in it.

Clay

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomas Fasth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 1999 11:43 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Prob with RAID1 - RedHat 6.0 - Kernel 2.2.12

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi all !
>
> I'm having a problem configuring RAID1.

(Sic) I wonder how much time people out there are spending because of
this seemingly never ending confusion about current dists versus
latest kernels versus alpha raid patches versus two different raid
tool chains kind of issue. You will easily end up with the wrong mix.
This should be so simple, yet it continues to be confusing. Will it
ever change?

<tomas/>