From: xrr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 1999 1:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Prob with RAID1 - RedHat 6.0 - Kernel 2.2.12

I really feel that you have to get into the sources of the raid softwares
and patches to see what the
real functionalities of this stuff are ! Well, I'll probably do it but I
feel that a lot of people out there are willing to use
software raid "out of the box" and wont go through all this trouble...
Having red the old FAQ, it seems that the old version of the raid was much
more accessible and well documented...
Well, I suppose it was less efficient than the actual one.
I think the nice work of the people working on this project is partly
spoiled because of the lack of documentation
and of a descent distribution (the last beta version are dated 11-07-1997 !
and tens of alpha verision are available since...)

Is there a political problem with the kernel team ?