Hi.
I'm one of the many satisfied new RAID patch/toolchain users. I use
the aic7xxx driver for the Adaptec chipset, which are both onboard
and offboard. It works great.
I have an issue though, about spinning up a SCSI disk after replacing
a faulty one using hot swap. I know the drive can be jumpered to spin
up at power on. But I would prefer factory settings to make it
simple. I have successfully used /proc/scsi/scsi commands disabling
the SCSI disk before hot swap and enable it again afterward. My
problem is that the newly inserted disk never get ordered to spin up.
It just sit there silently.
Anyone know the spell to cast?
I've looked around in the sources for a hint but no luck so far.
It would be great if I could just cat something into the proc device.

Any advices appreciated,

<tomas/>