so to clarify, the solution for removing, adding, and spinning up a scsi
disk drive is:

echo "scsi remove-single-device a b c d" >/proc/scsi/scsi
echo "scsi add-single-device a b c d " >/proc/scsi/scsi

in line 2, the space after the d is important due to a bug

where:
a is Host No (usually 0)
b is Channel (usually 0 or 1)
c is Device Id
d is LUN (usually 0)

could jakob add this in to the howto in the hotswapping section?

--
stephen waters
amicus, inc.