On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Stephen Millard wrote:

        Hi,

> I just joined this list, so please be patient. I have a hundred
> questions but I will try to dribble in them a few at a time.

        On http://ostenfeld.dk/~jakob/Software-RAID.HOWTO/ you have just
what you're looking for :)

> First, how does one get around the "md-personality-3" error that comes
> up while autodetecting? I did put "alias md-personality-3 raid1" in the
> conf.modules to no avail. (I ended up disabling the the autodetect by
> removing the fd file system and reverted to using rc.sysinit with
> raidstart in place of raidadd.)

        Yo have two chances: either compile RAID support in the kernel, or
make a initrd image. All support needed to autodetect the RAID (IDE, SCSI,
RAID, whatever) must be available at booting time.

        grretings,

Francisco J. Montilla               System & Network administrator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      irc: pukka        Seville            Spain
INSFLUG (LiNUX) Coordinator: www.insflug.org   -   ftp.insflug.org