> Of course, it would have been nice, if they wrote a common ``core'', and
> then slapped a GUI or curses front-end on it by user's choice.  But I'm
> sure they had reasons for doing whatever they did.
>
> Oh, I'm sensing a slight vibration from the way-off-topic alert system
> here    :)

I wondered what the rumbling was.

According to a very good talk by one of the Red Hat guys last night at a
LUG meeting, thats exactly what they did: common core, with seperate
interfaces. I was diddling around trying to find where to patch it to
give an option to use 4k blocks, and it still ain't trivial.

(Needless diddling - it ajusts the block size automatically depending on
the size of the filesystem to be made.)

Really, if you don't like the installer, they take good patches.

--
Hunter Matthews                          Unix / Network Administrator
Office: BioSci 222/244                   BioScience