Hello!

I've got a Mylex DAC960 which was very easy to set up, except it's extremely
sensitive to termination and cable lengths. I also had to disable tagged
command queuing (else it marked my drives as offline). After getting the disks
in place, setting up the raid part was peanuts. I've had no trouble with it since I
got that termination etc proper.

I also bought an AccelRaid from Mylex, this was up and running in minutes.

Hardware RAID isn't as fast as software according to the list, but you have the
benefit that all setup is stored in the controller. The other benefit is that you
have a warranty that it works, which you won't on a Linux software raid.

Kent R. Nilsen