On Fri, Oct 29, 1999 at 03:45:06PM +0200, michel wrote:
>    My version of linux is : Linux Version 2.2.9-27mdk
>
>    My version of mkraid is mkraid version 0.90.0

this is becoming a FAQ
see my answer to a previous poster

--
Luca Berra -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Communications Media & Services S.r.l.

On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 03:30:31PM -0500, Bill Carlson wrote:
> I'm thinking Florin means the kernel is not compiled with support by
> default.

no.
> This package includes the tools you need to set up and maintain a software
> RAID
> device under Linux. It only works with Linux 2.2 kernels and later, or 2.0
> kernel specifically patched with newer raid support.
>
> To me that implies a 2.2.x kernel does not need a patch. On Mandrake 6.1,
> the required RAID modules were already in place after installation.

this is FALSE
kernel 2.2.x does require a patch.
get either a redhat kernel or a linux-2.2.13ac1

mandrake was unfortunate in that they included the raidtools package
but did not patch the kernel to support raid.

{to see if you have a patched kernel look for the "autodetecting raid"
message during bootup}