On Sat, 30 Oct 1999, Radomski, Mike wrote:

> I have redhat installed on an Alpha server and set up a Raid-0 array with 5
> hard disks.  I set the partition type to "fd" for all devices in the array.
> On boot up, the kernel recognizes the partitions as a Raid set, initializes
> it and then stops it due to the error:
> linux kernel: request_module[md-personality-2]: Root fs not mounted

        You must make raid support available at *boot* time, either by
compiling it into the kernel, or by using a initrd image, and making MILO?
install/use it.

        This is a pretty common question; although it doesn't cover AXP
specific details, please read
http://ostenfeld.dk/~jakob/Software-RAID.HOWTO/. We'll be glad trying to
aid you on the AXP details. :)

        good luck,

Francisco J. Montilla               System & Network administrator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      irc: pukka        Seville            Spain
INSFLUG (LiNUX) Coordinator: www.insflug.org   -   ftp.insflug.org