Hi,

We need about 200G hard disk space for software a development
environment. I am considering of using linux-raid5 configuration.
We will use nfs to share the disk on 100 Ethernet Lan.

My concern is, how stable an reliable is linux NFS and raid5?
Any experience of using this in a production environment?
The speed is not so critical.

I plan to use nine 18.2G or 36G Ultra2 SCSI hard disks(7200rpm
Seagate or Quantum) and configure as raid5.

If I can't get positive feedback, we may go to SUN Solstice
DiskSuite, which is what we are using and is quite reliable.

Thanks for any opinions.

Dong
Dong Hu
Cygnus Solutions,  Toronto