I'm running Mandrake 6.1 with a couple of 9GB IBM U2 SCSI Drives off of
an Adaptec 7890 controller.  I've been trying for a while now (a couple
of days) to get several of the partitions on the drives to be RAID-1 .
However when I try and run mkraid I get the following:

====================
DESTROYING the contents of /dev/md0 in 5 seconds, Ctrl-C if unsure!
handling MD device /dev/md0
analyzing super-block
disk 0: /dev/sda6, 2048256kB, raid superblock at 2048192kB
disk 1: /dev/sdb6, 2048256kB, raid superblock at 2048192kB
mkraid: aborted, see the syslog and /proc/mdstat for potential clues.
====================
All /proc/mdstat says is that the partition is inactive and there is
nothing in the syslog.

After fiddling with different parameters and whatnot and still having no
success I downloaded the source, compiled it up and debugged it down to
the following code in makeOneRaid()

====================
    file = open(cfg->md_name,O_RDONLY);
    ret = ioctl(file, SET_ARRAY_INFO, (unsigned long)&cfg->array.param);

    if (ret)
        {
        return 1;
        }

For some reason the ioctl is failing. Does anyone have any ideas on this
or can you point me in a direction to try next.  Thanks.

  Jason Scharlach