Well, I've outdone myself again.  I think that last message went to the
list, since I'd forgotten about all the config options that listservers
can have.  Again, sorry for that being totally out of place.  Now, if
you're not all furious at me, I need some help getting software (R)AID
working on my Linux 2.2.13 based machine.  I'd like to set up striping
(RAID0) on a pair of drives in my machine.  The two drives are
identical, down to having sequential serial numbers.  I've created an
/etc/raidtab that looks like this:

raiddev /dev/md0
        raid-level              0
        nr-raid-disks           2
        persistent-superblock   1
        chunk-size              8K

        device                  /dev/sdb1
                raid-disk       0

        device                  /dev/sdc1
                raid-disk       1

This seems to want some sort of partition created as /dev/sdb1,
/dev/sdc1.  I've tried using type 83 (Linux) and type fd (Linux raid
auto) for these partitions, but I can't figure out how to make this
work.  I'm trying to use 'mkraid /dev/md0' to get started, and here's
what it says:
[gleblanc@peecee gleblanc]# mkraid /dev/md0
handling MD device /dev/md0
analyzing super-block
disk 0: /dev/sdb1, 1030128kB, raid superblock at 1030016kB
disk 1: /dev/sdc1, 1030128kB, raid superblock at 1030016kB
mkraid: aborted, see the syslog and /proc/mdstat for potential clues.
[gleblanc@peecee gleblanc]#

Syslog and /proc/mdstat don't have any potential clues, except that
syslog tells me it's accessed those disks.  So, what do I have to do to
create this RAID stripe?  Thanks,
        Greg