At 04:12 PM 1/21/00 +0800, ZhouYouchun wrote:
>Hi,
>     I just subscribed the Linux-raid mailing list.
>     Now I want to know the detailed status of linux software-raid (raid
>levels,performance,stability,how it behaves compared with other
>software-raid implementation) and whether it is suitable for enterprise
>enviroment. Could you give me some suggestions about where i can find my
>the information i needed?

Well,
Personal experience here...
I have a SUN Ultra2 with Dual 300MHz CPU's and 512M ram running Raid 5 on a
SUN D1000 with 12 4.2G drives.  I split them into 2 groups of 6 (one for
me, one for the wife) and have 2 20G md devices.
It's been running this way since October with only 2 reboots, and one was
for upgrading from RH6.0 to RH6.1
I'm running SAMBA on it for connectivity to the Win machines in my house.

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Packet: N5XMT@KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!