A couple of hints about RedHat 6.1 and RAID.

1.  /etc/rc.sysinit contains the line

        for i in `grep "raiddev" /etc/raidtab | awk '{print $2}'`

which generates an error if "raiddev" appears in a comment, as it will if
you use the sample raid0.conf as your model.  I changed this to

        for i in `grep "^raiddev" /etc/raidtab | awk '{print $2}'`

2.  An update from RH 6.0 to RH 6.1 would not work on my system.  The
problem was that my RAID system occupies all of my two IDE disks (hda and
hdc) and the system is on my SCSI disk (sda).  The RH 6.1 update procedure
tried to mount /dev/hda5 as a normal ext2fs partition, despite it being of
type 0xfd.  Not only did this fail, but it also marked the RAID system as
unclean, so e2fsck ran on the next boot. RedHat install support was, shall
I say, less than helpful; they said that "upgrading a RAID system was
beyond the scope of installation support" (of course, what I was doing
was upgrading the non-RAID part). In any event, I had to physically unplug
the IDE disks to get RH 6.1 to update.

 --
Stephen Walton, Professor of Physics and Astronomy,
California State University, Northridge