> I've got two different ide-disks in my system:
> /dev/hda --> 6,4GB   SAMSUNG SV0644A  11.90 MB/sec
> /dev/hdb --> 13.2GB  WDC WD136BA      22.22 MB/sec

You aren't going to get on all that well !

> Now my question, is it actual to make nearly same sized partitions to use
> with RAID-1,

Missing `necessary' maybe ?

RAID-1 uses the size of the smallest partition.

If I were doing it, I'd assume:
1) root is not important -- I can always reload from Linux CD
2) crashing is not a problem -- reboots are fast
3) user data is *IRREPLACEABLE* !!

As such, I'd have 6.4 GB of RAID1 space, carved up into about 1GB chunks (to
make it manageable), and use the remaining 6.8 GB as
1) root
2) swap
3) /tmp and other misc `scratch' space
4) area for disk-to-disk dumping to be run at 6 hourly intervals between
        daily dumps to tape.

> how does this touch the performance of my disks ?

Unfortunately, all writes will be slowed down to the slower of the two, i.e.
12MB/s :-(
There are patches out there to make RAID1 reads into RAID0 reads -- you *may*
be able to get them, and tweak them so that it knows to actually read 1/3rd of
the data off the slow disk, and 2/3rds off the fast disk ... Fun !!