I have just installed Mandrake 6.1 with mkraid version 0.90.0.  The
Linux kernel that I am running is version 2.2.13-7mdk.  When I attempt
to run mkraid, it aborts without returning any useful information.
How can I get more information on the cause of my problem?  Here is
some information about my setup and the results that I receive.

I initially setup the system with Linux installed on a single IDE
drive with two large ext2 filesystems on two scsi drives. I have since
decided to join the two scsi drives using raid.  I do not care about
the data that is on them.  I have unmounted the filesystems and am
attempting to run mkraid --really-force /dev/md0.

The following is a copy of my /etc/raidtab file.

raiddev /dev/md0
                raid-level              0
                nr-raid-disks           2
                persistent-superblock   1
                chunk-size              4
                device                  /dev/sda1
                raid-disk               0
                device                  /dev/sdb1
                raid-disk               1

When I run mkraid, I receive the follow.

# mkraid --really-force /dev/md0
DESTROYING the contents of /dev/md0 in 5 seconds, Ctrl-C if unsure!
handling MD device /dev/md0
analyzing super-block
disk 0: /dev/sda1, 8956206kB, raid superblock at 8956096kB
disk 1: /dev/sdb1, 8956206kB, raid superblock at 8956096kB
mkraid: aborted, see the syslog and /proc/mdstat for potential clues.
#

Of course, I do the obvious.  I check the /var/logs/messages file for
clues and /proc/mdstat.  Nothing has changed.  There is nothing to assist me
with this problem.

So the big question is, "is there a debugging option to mkraid that
will assist me with this problem?"

Carl L. Roy
NDO CCSO UIUC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]