James Manning wrote:

> [ Wednesday, February  9, 2000 ] Alan T. Malek wrote:
> > mkraid: aborted, see the syslog and /proc/mdstat for potential clues.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Yeah, send us anything that showed up in syslog and the contents
> of /proc/mdstat :)
>
> As a heads-up, if your mdstat has "md0: inactive" "md1: inactive"
> through md3, you're running an unpatched kernel.
>
> James

Sorry for the delayed response. Yeah, I forgot to include the output of
/proc/mdstat. As was suggested by Gregory Leblanc in some previous mail
and now confirmed by you it looks like I'll have to patch the kernel.
Since I have never done that, I'm gonna peruse the how-tos to figure out
just where to go from here. Thanks
--
Alan T. Malek
Systems Programmer, Technical Services, University of Kentucky