     /boot        5M     no mirror    hda1
     /            300M   mirrored      " 5
     swap         256M   no mirror     " 6
     /user_area   ~26G   mirrored      " 7

     /boot2       5M     no mirror    hdc1
     /            300M   mirrored      " 5
     swap         256M   no mirror     " 6
     /user_area   ~26G   mirrored      " 7

          with  /dev/md0     ->   hda5, hdc5   and
                /dev/md1     ->    hda7, hdc7

Here's what I'm curious about:

When I run the system, /etc/raidtab looks right and mdstat
shows both md devices active.  If I bring the system down,
disconnect one disk and bring the system back up,  I get a
lot of error messages about the missing drive during the early
part of boot, boot continues and then I get prompted to enter
the root password to go into maintenance mode (runlevel 1).
I assumed the system would just pick up with the remaining
drive and not need any user intervention. Will it always
prompt me after a disk is down and I want to reboot ????

If I reconnect the second drive and boot back up I try to
use raidhotadd, raidstart and raidstop but can't get the second
drive  back running and sync'd up.  I also can only boot off
of 1 disk.  Help with what I'm missing???

TIA,

Jeff H.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]