Well, it's definately part of the redhat LILO SRPM.  You might poke around
on their website, or if you can't find it there, email me direct and I'll
extract the patch and send it to you.

> 2. How do I get a kernel without CONFIG_AUTODETECT_RAID to
> mount a RAID
>    partition as '/'??

I'd have to wager that you can't.  Can somebody who's done this more
confirm?  The reason is that the raid device is not running until you issue
the command from one of you rc scripts, and you can run those until / is
mounted, and you can't mount / until raid devices are started and raid
devices are not started until....
        Greg