The coolest guy you know wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Chris Mauritz wrote:
> >
> > > Also, make sure you have active (not passive) termination.
> >
> > Since I am no SCSI guru, can someone please explain, how to determine
> > which is active and which is passive?
> >
> > I went to the computer store, asked for a SCSI terminator and got it. It
> > has three little LEDs (one is POWER, one is LVD and the third is SE).
> > After I connected it to SCSI bus, POWER and LVD are on. Is this active or
> > passive?
> >
> >      D.
> >
> > PS: I had instability issues with on-board AIC7xxx too. I think it could
> > have been a heat problem, so I'm going to glue a small cooler on the AIC
> > chip.
>
> LVD is Low Voltage Differential.  SE is Single Ended.  LVD is for the
> new U160 protocol, which I don't think the U2W supports.  Change is to
> SE for this.
>
> Chris
> --
> -----<Geek Code Block>------<Version 3.12>------
>  GAT d- s: a- c++++$ UL++ P+ L+++ E--- W++ N++
>  o+ K->K--- w-- O-- M- V-- PS+ PE Y+ PGP t+@ 5+
>  X++ R* !tv b++ DI++ D++ G+ e* h* r y+ z+++++

U2W can actually be LVD as well.  My Mylex eXtremeRAID 1164 card is U2W
and LVD so just saying U2W is for sure LVD or SE is wrong.  Read the
manual or read the specs on the manufactures web site.

--
Brian D. Haymore
University of Utah

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Phone: (801) 585-1755 - Fax: (801) 585-5366