On Tue, Apr 18, 2000 at 04:31:15PM +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Lately, we have been experiencing some serious problems with our
> Linux servers using RAID0 on Adaptec 2940U2W. The machines, which
> are under quite some load, suddenly dies and must be
> cold-restarted. When they get back online again, there's is no sign
> of anything going awry in any logfile. The just plunge into
> deep-freeze, zero-Kelvin mode. *argh*

I have about the same hardware and software as you (scsi-disks
connected to AHA-394X, tape-drive on the onboard 2940) and experienced
the same problems after starting to use the tape drive. As for the
hangs I got rid of them by making sure that the scsi-controller did
not share any interrupt (per default the stupid bios did so with my
ethernet card) by swapping around cards in the box.

As an additional problem I experienced some ext2fs-corruption on the
RAID0-device. I got rid of that by moving that partition to RAID5. But
frankly I have no idea what caused those. Regarding raid it does run
stable now for two weeks.

-Peter

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]