I'm actaully getting bit by the VM killing (insert a random app here) bug.
I only have the problem when I use 2.2.14smp + (linux mem=256) + software raid
Very strange. I'm waiting for the kernel gods to eventually fix/discover
the problem.
My .02

My prevoius post to linux-kernel:

Hello,
I have a server that has been having some problems
since moving to 2.2.14smp via RH 6.2.
I wont bore you with my story but the machine
only run properly booting from the rescue floppy.
Today I got the following message:

kernel: Bad pmd in pte_alloc: cfd41af0
kernel: VM: killing process mysqld

More details:
I have a SuperMicro P6DBE (Dual Pentium 550)
and for some reason Linux can only detect 64M
of RAM. So when I boot from the floppy everything runs right
but I'm not using the memory that I paid for. This morning
I rebooted the server using
linux mem=256M
and I soon got that error.
I just want to mention that we have been hving problems
with kernel crashes and "not synching" errors from
kswapper, swapper and slocate before using the floppy.

--
Vincent Stoessel -