On Wed, 17 May 2000, Harry Zink wrote:

> Thanks, and thanks to James Manning as well for finally tracking down what
> the core of this problem is.
>
> Is there some utility that will quickly and easily create /dev/ files and
> provides qualified questions to assist in properly creating /dev/ files?

I mentioned in the email I sent last week that your problem was the dev,
and requested a ls -l of /dev/ to show you..

I also mentioned the header file which I used to find the major number for
the devices.  That info, along with a read through MAKEDEV should help
your understanding.. Or you can (as mentioned in another of the many
emails in this thread) look for an updated MAKEDEV which creates these
devices.

--Tommy