Patrick,

I am attaching a mail that I sent to Erich.  I followed his instructions
with a virgin 2.2.14 kernel and have had great success using the Promise
Ultra66 board in a 3disk RAID 5 configuration.

As someone has previously mentioned, the RH6.2 kernel is already greatly
patched, and applying the patches specified in the attachment to the RH
kernel will generate lots of errors.

Regards,

Doug Egan
--
---
| Douglas Egan                            Wind River              |

My thanks to Erich for helping me out with this.  The explicit
directions below were all I needed.  I am now running RAID5 on the
patched 2.2.14 kernel, with the Promise Ultra66.  Erich deserves his "2
cents"!

I was worried about just swapping in the Ultra card for the EIDE Max
card, but to my pleasant surprise, my raid5 started working with the new
card without a hiccup, and I now have Ints 10 & 11 free again.

Having said that, I was surprised to see that my nfsd stopped working
with the new build.  I suspect it is a 2.2.14 issue and not raid
related.  Again from someone on this list I was pointed to
nfs.sourceforge.net:

http://download.sourceforge.net/nfs/kernel-nfs-dhiggen_merge-1.4.tar.gz

to complete the transition.

Thanks to everyone for their help!