Chris,

I'm seeing the same problem here with a plain vanilla RH 6.2.
Being new to RAID, I wasn't sure it was a problem until I
saw your msg.  Since it's on a server we never shutdown, it's
not a problem for us but if anyone figures out why, I'd like
to know.

It only seems to happen if you place / on a RAID partition,
which I guess is uncommon or someone would have seen it
during beta.

-Jeff Rush