On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> There are (or at least were in 2.2.14/15) some endian-ness issues with
> persistent superblocks.  There was a patch, and a location to download the
> patch, posted to this list a while ago, unfortunately I didn't keep that
> mail, so you'll have to check the archives.
>       Grego

Thanks for this lead, I was able to find the patch at:

http://www.engin.umich.edu/caen/systems/Linux/code/patches/raid-2.2.14-B1-fix.patch

I downloaded the RedHat sources for version 2.2.16 (the latest on the
RedHat site) and the patches apply cleanly to that version.  However for
some reason I am not able to get the kernel to compile.  Here is the error
I am getting:

# make boot
gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -o
scripts/split-include scripts/split-include.c
In file included from /usr/include/bits/errno.h:25,
                 from /usr/include/errno.h:36,
                 from scripts/split-include.c:26:
/usr/include/linux/errno.h:4: asm/errno.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [scripts/split-include] Error 1

Looking over the Makefile, this directory "asm" seems to be included in
the search path and the file is indeed in that directory.  I do not see
why the header file is not being found.  The "make depend" ran without
error.

Best Regards,
Robert Laughlin