Title: OT: Kernel Management

I've been wanting to mess around with the latest 2.4 kernels and RAID, but one thing that I just don't understand/know about the whole compiling the kernel is this:  How do you manage the System.map file that  resides in /boot on RedHat systems?

I have no problems configuring/compiling/installing otherwise.

Anyone have a good technique they use when they get to the point where its time to copy /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage > /boot/vmlinux-<versionnumber> and copy /usr/src/linux/System.map > /boot and edit lilo.conf???

I am curious, and I know that people on this list must be doing it alot :-)

Thanks in advance,
--b

"A product's only late once, but it can suck
 forever." -- Ben Spees, Ambrosia Software
           Bryan D. Batchelder
Palm Wireless/Internet Application Developer
W: 813.935.7100
W: 813-936-8844 x 423 (after 5:30PM EST)
H: 727-547-1322
M: 727-808-4296
ConnectWise, Inc. (www.ConnectWise.com)
2803 West Busch Blvd, Suite 204