Chris Mauritz ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote on 6 August 2000 22:17:
 >> Does this patch allow raid5 over raid0? That'd be really wonderful...
 >
 >Huh?  What do you mean by that?  Raid 5 is essentially Raid 0 with the
 >parity bits spread out across all the drives.  Running one on top of
 >the other (like 0 + 1) doesn't make any sense.

It does. Instead of having disk partitions making up the raid5 you
have raid0 arrays. Very useful for making raid5 out of disks of
different sizes and some other very useful things.

I've just tried raid5 over raid0 with 2.2.17pre13 and it doesn't work,
even with the raid0 components being on different disks (two raid0 on
different disks, composed of 3 partitions).