Hi,

On 07-Aug-00 octave klaba wrote:
>  raiddev         /dev/md0
>                  device          /dev/sda2
>                  device          /dev/sdb2

> /dev/hda6               /                       ext2    defaults        1 1
> /dev/hda1               /boot                   ext2    defaults        1 2
> /dev/hda5               /usr/local/apache/logs  ext2    defaults        1 3
> /dev/md0                /home                   ext2    defaults,usrquota 1 0
> /dev/sda1               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
> /dev/sdb1               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0

So you do not have any other partitions on sda and sdb which could get checked
simultaniously. Then my first guess is not the cause it seems.

Did you have a look what flags will be given to fsck at boottime? Try to run it by
hand with the same flags (it's fsck -C -a -t $type  in my case, SuSE 6.3).

Here the '-a' could be the cause for longer checktimes. May there are more tests
and automtic decisions involved that way.

       -a     Automatically  repair  the  file system without any
              questions (use this  option  with  caution).   Note
              that  e2fsck(8)  supports -a for backwards compati­
              bility only.  This option is mapped to e2fsck's  -p
              option  which  is safe to use, unlike the -a option
              that most file system checkers support.

If that runs also much faster if you run it by hand then at bootime I've no idea
anymore I fear.... And maybe somebody else on the list knows something.

regards,

Karl-Heinz

Karl-Heinz Herrmann
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]