Hi,

> > I realized after a crash, if in /etc/fstab the fsck is
> > on, it takes about 45-50 minutes to check 2x18Go scsi in raidsoft.
> > [...] and make all
> > folks handly (unmount, fsck, reboot) and it takes 6 minutes.
>
> Hmmmm... Do you have *only one* raid partitions on that drive or are there
> other partitions in use (and checked) as well?

I have this:

/dev/hda6               /                       ext2    defaults        1 1
/dev/hda1               /boot                   ext2    defaults        1 2
/dev/hda5               /usr/local/apache/logs  ext2    defaults        1 3
/dev/md0                /home                   ext2    defaults,usrquota 1 0
/dev/sda1               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/sdb1               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0

/md0 was in 4. now it is 0

it was very very slow between 80% & 95% then it was very quick.
doing it handly it is very quick all time:

/dev/md0              17251748   9969024   6406384  61% /home

> If there is a /dev/md0 on /dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sda2, /dev/sdb2
> to check it will cause e2fsck to run on md0 and the sda2, sdb2 at the same
> time, because it doesn't know its the same physical drive. This will lead to
> a lot of head moevements (should get quite loud) and will slow down fsck
> tremendously.

so why fsck making handly is quicker ?

Amicalement,
oCtAvE

"Internet ? Welcome in the slave economy."