Hi,

I am tearing my hair out over this stuff (I should have mentioned that I am
completely new to not only RAID but Linux in general).  This is the first
task I have been given in my new job - talk about being thrown in at the
deep end! :)

I've written to many lists for help with this and received various
conflicting advice and suggestions (many thanks to those who have written
back so far!) So, I've decided the best plan of action is to start again
from scratch with blank hard disks, a new reinstallation and to copy the
setup as described in Boot + Root + Raid + Lilo HOWTO - however I don't
understand how to create a /boot partition as well as a root partition.

I would be eternally grateful if somebody could explain the logic behind
this as well as how to do it :)

Thanks in advance from a poor, confused and befuddled newbie,

Janie