On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 10:05:19AM -0700, Sean Hefty wrote:
> >Can you explain how rdma_resolve_addr is used in conjunction with
> >multicast? I do not understand what the dest would be. Is it just a man
> >page typo?
>
> A UD endpoint can communicate using multicast and to other UD
> endpoints.  A user could resolve a UD endpoint before joining a
> multicast group.

So the IP world analog would be:

fd = socket(AF_INET,SOCK_DGRAM);
connect(fd,'Some Unicast Address');
setsockopt(fd,IP_MULITCAST_ADD_MEMBERSHIP,'Some Multicast Address');
sendto(fd,...,'Some Multicast Address');

?

I think that is still OK. The routines still bind the rdma cm_id to
the devices via rdma_translate_ip pretty much like they did before.

There is no support for Linux IP multicast routing though..