On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 01:12:17PM -0800, Sean Hefty wrote:
> >How can we make progress? What are your thoughts?
>
> I'm actually working on this today.  I've taken Jason's patch as a
> starting point, and I'm breaking it into separate patches for
> merging and testing.  I hope to post the patches within the next
> couple of days.  I'll compare my final patches against the ones
> submitted by David to see if anything got missed.

Oh, thanks, I didn't mean for you to do all that work..

But I won't be able to get to it till after SC|09 which is like the
23rd, so maybe it is best if there is some OFED related deadline.

Aside from testing and breaking up the remaining things I wanted to
review/adjust:
- David's notes on the patch
- The rdma_resolve_ip should require src/dst have the same family
- The arp checking paths needs to be examinined as per my post
- The arp reply waiting code may be better done by holding the dst
  and not polling on route lookups.
- Review the private data handling and check that mixed family cases
  work as they should

It was my intent to capture everything David had done in that big
patch, but I may have missed something.

My intuition is that the fixups to the ARP/ND code will matter for
IPv6, particularly multi-port link local cases, but I'm not 100% sure
on that.

For full IPv6 support the 2 multicast patches you already reviewed will
need to included in OFED as well.